Patient Instructions for Ultrasound Exams
General Exam Instructions
- Bring your insurance ID cards for primary and secondary insurances.
- Bring photo ID with you to your appointment.
- You must have prescription from your physician. Your exam cannot be performed without it.
- You can bring a CD of your favorite music to listen to during your MRI exam.
- If co-payment is due, it must be paid upon your arrival.
- Cash, credit card or check is an acceptable form of payment.
Abdominal Ultrasound Preparation (abdomen, kidney and aorta):
- Nothing to eat or drink 8 hours prior to your exam
- If you need to take medication, take it with a small amount of water
- If you are diabetic, schedule the exam for the first appointment in the morning
Pelvic/Bladder Ultrasound Preparation:
- Drink 32 ounces of water one hour prior to your exam
- Do NOT urinate prior to your exam
- Arrive 15 minutes early to allow the technologist to check if your bladder is full
Scrotal/Thyroid/Color Flow Doppler exams:
- No preparation required
Save Time! Fill Out Your Forms Online. Click Here.